(01/09/2019-31/12/2022) Budget: 294.479,00 €
Programme: Creative Europe Culture
“Inclusive Theatre(S) is a large-scale cooperation project, aiming to develop new audiences in theatres by integrating inclusive practices for visually and hearing impaired people during theatre performances at European level.”
“The project is part of the Creative Europe programme. The project consortium is composed of 7 partners from 6 different countries and will last 30 months.”
The project will involve cultural operators, audio describers, audio translators and audio description service providers; subtitlers, translators in signs language and similar services providers; deaf and hearing impaired people (targeted audience); blind and visually impaired people (targeted audience); policy-makers; media and journalists; general public & and communities.
Specific Objectives include:
– to share good practices for Inclusive Theatre between experts through formal and non formal training activities;
– to mainstream and scale-up accessible theatres in countries where support services for visually and hearing impaired persons are provided
– to test and validate pilot actions for inclusive services in theatres of six countries
– to develop and deploy a Europe-wide awareness raising campaign about the needs of visually and/or hearing impaired persons in theatres, stimulating inclusive policies and community engagement
– to disseminate the project’s findings and the EU support to its implementation, ensuring a long-term sustainability.