In a significant step towards sustainable business practices, the Net Zero Manager (Net0Manager) project officially kicks off with the first face-to-face meeting in Badajoz, Spain.
This project is framed within the Erasmus + 2023 – Key Action 2 – Cooperation Partnerships in Vocational Education and Training programme and has a budget of 250.000,00€.
The Net0Manager project comes at a crucial time when carbon management is increasingly vital for businesses and societies around the world. Recognising the strategic benefits of reducing CO2 emissions, the project aims to provide a structured approach for organisations to achieve their goals and improve sustainability.
At a time when the European Union is imposing mandatory reporting requirements and stakeholders are pressuring companies to adopt carbon management strategies, the NZM project aims to empower companies to systematically measure, track and manage emissions. Recognising that business is responsible for a considerable 70% of global emissions, the project emphasises its critical role in driving meaningful action towards a climate-safe world.
The project sets as its main objectives:
- Support managers: to develop and manage a carbon strategy to reduce energy use, carbon footprint and implement sustainable methods in their teams.
- Provide skills and knowledge: Equipping managers with skills, competencies and knowledge related to climate change perspectives, policies, technologies and zeroing commitments.
- Create a network: By establishing a strong network of committed stakeholders to share carbon reduction initiatives at EU level.
- Raising awareness: Raising awareness of carbon reduction issues in business among managers, employees and relevant stakeholders.
Outputs will include:
- Common training tools: A comprehensive toolkit for trainers and VET managers to enable them to explore and analyse Net Zero concepts and implement action plans.
- Online training platform: Creation of an online training and networking platform dedicated to Net Zero management.
- Policy document/set of recommendations: Elaboration of a policy document and a set of recommendations on Net Zero Manager.
The project consortium consists of: Training 2000 (coordinator), Innogestiona Ambiental, Associations de Petites et Moyennes Entreprises, IR Technologiju Parkas, Gebze Teknik Universitesi y Hétfa Kutatóintézet Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaságcuenta.
The launch of the Net Zero Manager project is a key step towards equipping companies with the knowledge and tools to actively contribute to a sustainable and climate-resilient future.